Browse By


Q: Do I really need an attorney? Can’t I just file a claim myself?
A: Insurance companies and their employees pay virtually no attention to unrepresented individuals.  Your best interests are always served with a trained professional fighting for you.  Current research indicates that those who settle their claims directly with the insurance companies typically recover less than one-third the amount of those represented by an attorney.  Don’t be taken advantage of!

Q:  Money is tight right now. How much will this cost me?
A:  Not one dime up front. I recover a fee if and only if I win or settle your case.

Q: How much money can I expect to receive as a result of this claim?
A: This is a question asked by each and every injured individual, but there is no easy answer. Settlement amounts vary depending on the severity of the injury, length of time off of work, past and projected future medical costs, etc. Call me to discuss the particular facts of your case and find out what your case is really worth.

Q: How long before I receive a settlement or my case is resolved?
A: Again, this varies, depending on several factors, such as the severity of the injury, the length of appropriate diagnostic and medical care, etc. But I can assure you that the Law Office of Darwin F. Johnson will promptly file a request for hearing or complaint on your behalf if there are any issues to be litigated.

Q: What can I do if my claim is denied?
A: Call me. I will begin fighting for you immediately.

Q: I’ve heard that companies can fire people after they file a claim for workers’ compensation. Is this true?
A: The State of Georgia is a “right to work” state. To be perfectly honest, unless you have a contract with your former employer (which few people do), you are classified as an “at will” employee. With only certain exceptions, your employer can fire you then at any time and for any reason. Typically, employers are reluctant to fire injured workers but it does happen. Your workers’ compensation claim exists independently of your employment status. If your employer has fired you after a work-related injury, I will do everything in my power to fight for the benefits to which you are entitled.

Q: I was injured in a car wreck. My car was totaled and I was seriously injured. Do I have a case?
A: As long as the other driver was cited (received a ticket) for the accident and you were injured, you absolutely have a case. Call me and let’s get to work!